The "Eyes and Teeth" effect creates facial enhancement layers masks for you. Just step through each layer, paint where desired on the corresponding layer mask, and then adjust the opacity of the layer as needed.
- Open an image and play "Eyes and Teeth Enhance."
- Open your layers palette. Go to Window > Layers.
- Start on the "eyes brighten" layer mask.
- A white paintbrush is automatically selected for you. Start painting over the whites of the eyes to brighten them up. Don't worry about adding too much, as you can make an adjustment to the opacity of the layer as needed.
- Select the "teeth brighten" layer mask and paint over the teeth to brighten them. Adjust opacity as needed.
- Select the "Desaturate eyes and teeth" layer and paint where desired. This will help remove red from the whites of the eyes and yellow stains from teeth. This one will generally look too gray, don't worry - adjust the opacity.
- Select the "darken shadows" in the "EyeLiner darken" set. Paint around the eye lashes, the outside of the iris, and maybe the eye brows a little. It will deepen only the darker areas to create a little more contrast around the eyes.